I tried to transform 9 Rules for Success by British Novelist Amelia E. Barr from 1901 into rules for online canadian pharmacy better Search Engine Optimization.
1. Men and Women search engine optimizers are successful because they take pains to succeed. Industry and patience are almost genius and successful people are often more distinguished for resolution and perseverance than for unusual gifts of playing search engine algorithm in short term.
2. Success is the reward of those who spurn delights and live laborious days through creating valuable content and asking questions for your visitors. We as SEOs learn to do things by doing them. No disappointment must discourage, and a run back must be allowed, in order to take a longer term SEO decisions after necessary trial testing.
3. No search engine must be taken to heart. Our enemies often help us more than our friends. Besides, a head-wind is better than no wind. Who ever got anywhere in a dead calm? Do we want to be Google that easily played so everyone can rank well? The harder the Google makes it for SEOs, the better for those willing to make an effort to impress with valuable content.
4. A fatal mistake in SEO is to imagine that success of website in ranking is some stroke of luck or few magic technical SEO practices. Fortune sells her wares, she never gives them. In some form or another, we pay for favors of search engines with time or money dedicated to produce great content or we go empty away with the traffic we all desire.
5. We have been told, for centuries, to watch for opportunities, and to strike while the iron is hot. Very good, but I think better of Oliver Cromwell’s amendment – „make iron hot by striking it“ or make always a good content and you don’t have to wait for acci
dents that you rank well for terms you desire. Make them want you to rank high by giving them value.
6. Everything good needs time. And good website optimization takes twice that much effort.
Do we think that Google has so much money that everyone can fool their algorithm? Don’t do work in a hurry. Go into details; it pays in every way. Time means power for your work. Mediocrity is always in a rush; but whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing with consideration. For genius is nothing more nor less than doing well what anyone can do badly.
7. Be orderly. Slatternly work is never good work. It is either affectation, or there is some radical defect in the intellect. I would distrust even the spiritual life of one whose methods and work were dirty, untidy, and without clearness and order. Why do we as SEOs often spend so much time trying to make lame content look good, myself included? It never was, it never will. Even with thousands of shares, likes, pins, re-tweets, it still will be the same lame content or same copied content. People will bounce off your website faster and damage your reputation in greater way than would less content do.
8. Never be above your profession. Good SEO and subsequent ranking is no accident. It is task that demands the whole heart, the whole intellect, and the whole time of a devotee.
9. Don’t fail through defects of temper and over-sensitiveness at moments of trial. One of the great helps to success in optimization is to be cheerful; to go for every link with a full sense of life; to be determined to put hindrances out of the way; to prevail over them and to get the mastery in content attractiveness. Above all things else, be cheerful; there is no beatitude for the despairing.
Don’t be hard on yourself.
SEO you, Chartist